Here's what I like:
- Real web browser! (Usable on EVDO, but much better on Wi-Fi.)
- Camera that takes decent pictures.
- Some usable PDA functionality.
- Notifications add to the experience of using the phone instead of just being obnoxious.
- The "Sprint Navigation" app means I don't need to fight Kara for the TomTom. :-) (It's not as good as the TomTom, but it works well enough.)
- And, of course, bonus geek points for running Linux under the hood.
- My old phone would let me forward text messages and send messages to multiple recipients. I miss that. Supposedly it's coming in a future update.
- The Clock app on the Pre is infinitely better than the one on my old phone, but my old phone would let me set a "quick alarm" for 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, or 1 hour in the future. That was handy, if not nearly granular enough. A quick way to set alarms as an offset from now would be handy for a lot of reasons though.
- Admittedly, I'd kill for a terminal. :-) (And on that note, I may have to try out WebShell.) In general, I do have a little iPhone/Android app envy, but that should get better with time...